Leave of Absence

Undergraduate students may be able to take an Academic Leave (time away from studies) for up to one year (12 months) per program. Students must be in good standing prior to taking a leave. Taking a leave may impact your financial assistance or awards and there may be special considerations if you are an International Student.

Students who wish to apply for a leave of absence will need to obtain approval from the Co-Director at the school they will be on leave from.

For a leave from UBC:

  1. Ensure you read the full details and take any additional steps necessary as outlined at this Engineering Academic Services link: https://academicservices.engineering.ubc.ca/degree-planning/academic-leave/
  2. Download and fill out the UBC ENVE leave of absence form
  3. Email your form to the Co-Director for review
  4. Send a copy of your completed and signed form to info@enve.ubc.ca and students@apsc.ubc.ca

For a leave from UNBC: