Student Resources

Forms and Letters

Request for a course conflict

You will need to fill out the course conflict request form and request approval from the instructors of the courses in conflict. If the instructors approve, you will then need to submit the form to EAS for faculty approval.

Request for a letter of enrolment

These letters can be accessed through the Student Service Centre (SSC).

  1. Log on to the SSC
  2. Select “Grades and Records”
  3. Select “Proof of Enrolment Letters”

If you are unable to download a letter of enrolment from your SSC at UBC, you will need to submit a request to EAS here.

For UNBC, you will need to submit your request following the instructions here.

Please allow several weeks for processing requests for letters.

Request for a letter of completion

Students who need proof of degree requirement completion before convocation may request a letter of completion from both UNBC and UBC by following these steps:

  1. Ensure you have completed all degree requirements.
  2. Request a confirmation letter from UNBC by following the instructions found on this page and filling out the proper form.
  3. Request a letter of completion from EAS at UBC by following the instructions on this page.
  4. EAS will need proof that you completed your degree requirements at UNBC, so you will need to provide a copy of your letter from UNBC to them at

Please allow several weeks for processing requests for letters.

Request for a leave of absence from UBC

  1. Ensure you read the full details about academic leave and take any additional steps necessary
  2. Download and fill out the UBC ENVE leave of absence form
  3. Email your form to the Co-Director for review
  4. Send a copy of your completed and signed form to and

Request for a leave of absence from UNBC

Enrolment Services Advisor

All students at UBC are assigned to an Enrolment Services Advisor (ESA) who can assist with issues related to tuition payments, scholarships and financial aid, and official transcript requests. ESAs can also provide personalized support for students. Your ESA contact can be found on your Student Service Centre under ‘Personal Information’, then ‘UBC Contact’.

Health and Safety

Counselling Services

A variety of mental health resources and professionals are available at UBC Counselling Services. Mental health professionals work with you to assess your wellness needs, and identify the level of care that’s right for you – from self-directed programs and tools to workshops, group programs, and individual therapy – to help you have the best university experience possible.

Click here for more health and wellness resources.

Campus Security

UBC Campus Security is comprised of qualified and dedicated in-house security personnel who are focused on the delivery of safety and security services to everyone within the UBC community.

Safety in the Workplace

Students will have opportunities to work and learn in laboratory facilities. Students are responsible for following all safety rules and obtaining safety training before they operate any equipment. Students are expected to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) prior to entering the laboratories. Failure to do this could result in accidents and/or injuries. If you have any concerns or questions about PPE, check in with a Teaching Assistant or a lab staff member who can assist you.

Engineers and Geoscientists BC

Engineers and Geoscientists British Columbia  regulates and governs BC’s professional engineers and geoscientists under the authority of the  Engineers and Geoscientists Act.

The association is charged with protecting the public interest by setting and maintaining high academic, experience, and professional practice standards for all 34,000 members. Individuals licensed by Engineers and Geoscientists BC are the only persons permitted by law to undertake and assume responsibility for engineering and geoscience projects in BC.

For more information, please visit their website here.

Additional Campus Resources

UBC Campus

AMS Student Society

Centre for Accessibility

Centre for Student Involvement and Careers

Engineering Students

Office of the Ombudsperson for Students

Student Finances
Students can apply for scholarships and financial aid through their Student Service Centre (SSC). Throughout the year, a number of scholarships are open to students based on academic achievements as well as leadership in extra-curricular activities and student clubs. The ENVE Program will nominate students who are eligible for these awards and contact them via email.

UBC Housing
Housing is not guaranteed. Students in 2nd year at UNBC are reminded in the Fall to apply for UBC Housing directly on their website as soon as possible. If accepted, students will have a week to accept their housing placements and pay their deposit.

UBC Policies Index

UNBC Campus

Wellness Centre

Health Services

Math Help

Tutoring -Academic Success Center