The Board has 9 voting members with the following composition*:
University of British Columbia
- Program Co-Director appointed by the Dean of Applied Science from either of the Departments of Civil Engineering or Chemical and Biological Engineering
- Dean of Applied Science, or designate
- Faculty member appointed by the Head of the Department from which the Co-Director does not come
- An external member, representing the engineering profession, recommended by the UBC Co-Director
University of Northern British Columbia
- Program Co-Director appointed by the Dean of the College of Science and Management
- Dean of CSAM, or designate
- Faculty member appointed by the Dean of CSAM
- An external member, representing the engineering profession, recommended by the UNBC Co-Director
- A student representative recommended by the UBC Environmental Engineering Student Association
*Quorum requires the two co-directors, one external member, one member from UBC and one member from UNBC.
The following criteria relate to the composition of the Board:
- One of the two Co-Directors will serve as Chair of the Board, by agreement of the two Deans, with a rotation between the two Co-Directors typically occurring every two years.
- The Co-Directors should be registered professional engineers in order to meet the criteria of the Canadian Engineering Accreditation Board.
- Professional registration is an important factor in the appointment of members of the Board.
- All members, including any designates of the Deans and Heads, should serve on the Board for a term of at least one year. Rotation of membership should occur in such a way that continuity between years is maintained.
- The external members, representing the engineering profession, are appointed for three year terms.
- Non-voting observers may be added to the Board at its discretion.